Wednesday, 7 March 2012

The RoNA Rose Award 2012



I have been thinking for a while about writing my own blog but I have been very cautious, aware of the old dictum "A blog is for life, not just for Christmas".

However, having just won the Romantic Novelists Association's RoNA Rose Award 2012 for The Dangerous Lord Darrington I thought this would be a good place to kick off with this occasional blog about news and background for the books I write. Please bear with me, and I hope to get better at this as I go on!

I was delighted when I heard I had been shortlisted for the RNA's RoNa Rose. This was formerly the Love Story of the Year, awarded to books from category romance or shorter novels, which feature strongly the developing love story between the hero and heroine.

There were six books on the shortlist, and besides my own the others were - Liz Fielding's Flirting with Italian. Jessica Hart's Ordinary Girl in a Tiara, Mary Nichols' Winning the War Hero's Heart, Kate Hardy's A Christmas Knight and Jan Jones' The Kydd Inheritance.

Having seen the shortlist, I was just delighted to be one of them, and went off to the Awards event at the Gladstone Library, One Whitehall Place, determined to enjoy the day. When they announced that Sarah Mallory was the winner, it took a minute for it to sink in that this was me (having different writing names can sometimes be confusing!).

I now have a beautiful glass star, which is sitting on my desk in pride of place, plus the Betty Neels silver rose bowl with my name engraved on it, which I get to keep for the year. Such an honour, so thank you to all those who have helped me to get this far in my writing career - that of course includes family, friends, editors and all my writing colleagues who have been so unstinting with their advice and encouragement.

So it's back to work now, the champagne has gone, the glasses have been washed up (by me, of course!) and I have to get on with the next book.

Until the next time - happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment