Wednesday, 21 March 2012

SNOWBOUND WITH THE NOTORIOUS RAKE
by Sarah Mallory
pub. Nov 2011  "One Snowy Regency Christmas" (with Christine Merrill)  and Dec 2011 (North America)
M&B / Harlequin Historical
"....With a charming heroine, a devilishly roguish hero, dramatic twists and turns aplenty and an enchanting romantic story, Snowbound with the Notorious Rake is another outstanding Regency romance from a writer who continues to affirm her position as one of the genre’s most gifted authors!" (Cataromance) - read the whole review here
Trapped by a blizzard with notorious rogue Sir Lawrence Daunton, schoolteacher Rose Westerhill must remain indifferent to his practised charms. But as the temperature outside drops, Rose finds the wicked rake's sizzling seduction impossible to resist. For one stolen Christmas night she abandons her principles - and her body! - to his expert ministrations... 

Click on one of the book covers to read an extract.....
I was on holiday in beautiful Exmoor National Park when my editor rang me, out of the blue, and asked if I would like to write a Christmas story.  The timing could not have been better, my head was full of snowy stories!  It was in fact a glorious September, but I had been inspired by a painting I had seen by a local artist, Maurice Bishop.  We had been enjoying a meal at the historic Ship Inn in Porlock and seen a copy of this picture on their wall.  I fell in love with it instantly, and my mind immediately started making up stories - who is the man in the picture? Who is waiting for him at the inn?  Maurice has given me permission to display a copy of his painting, Journey's End, below, and I am very grateful to him. I am sure you will see just why I was so inspired.
 Journey's End by Maurice Bishop. 
You can see more of Maurice's work at www.mauricebishop.co.uk .

I do hope you enjoy "Snowbound", it is a lovely heart-warming tale set in one of the loveliest areas of England. 

No comments:

Post a Comment